Adriana Zuniga Teran is a 2015 ALRS Graduate. She is currently a Postdoctoral Research Associate working at the Udall Center for Studies in Public Policy at the University of Arizona. At the Udall Center she works on a research project on water security that is part of the International Water Security Network, which is funded by the Lloyd’s Register Foundation in the UK (http://www.watersecuritynetwork.org/). For this job, she traveled this summer to Africa and South America to participate in a symposium in Zambia and a workshop in Argentina. During both events she gave a talk on binational desalination in the U.S.-Mexico border. More about this work has been featured at the UA news and can be found here https://uanews.arizona.edu/story/ua-researchers-take-closer-look-future-desalination .
Adriana participated in the International Symposium on Ecosystems Benefits and Water Security, held in Kafue, Zambia from June 15 to June 17 2016. The event was funded by the Insaka Consortium and the International Water Security Network.
She also traveled to South America (Peru, Chile, and Argentina) in July and August to participate in meetings with partners and a workshop on water governance in Mendoza Argentina. The workshop was in Spanish and its title is “Buenas prácticas de gobernanza del agua: Adaptando enfoques exitosos hacia la seguridad hídrica en Mendoza, Argentina, y en otras regions del continente Americano.” The workshop occurred from August 3 to 6 2016 in Mendoza, Argentina.
Since starting her work assignment at the Udall Center, Adriana has been writing a blog on water reilience in the International Water Security Network. Below is a list of her recent blogs:
- Diversity as a key element of natural resources resilience: Water and energy, with examples from the Middle East and Asia co-authored wtih Tamee Albrecht on 7th September 2016
- Impressions of Mendoza, Argentina co-authored with Nicolas Pineda on 5th September 2016
- Diversity is a key element of urban resilience co-authored with Tamee Albrecht,MS on 2nd August 2016
- Scenario planning for future water security in Hermosillo, Mexico co-authored with America Lutz-Ley, Yulia Peralta, Robert Varady, and Christopher Scott on 27th April 2016
- Resilience in an uncertain future: Part 2 co-authored with Robert Merideth, Robert Varady, and Christopher Scott on 5th April 2016
- Resilience in an uncertain future: Part 1 co-authored with Robert Merideth, Robert Varady, and Christopher Scott on 22nd February 2016
- Among paradoxes and surrealism: A workshop on climate change adaptation in urban settlements on 9th December 2015
- IWSN annual meeting takes place in Tucson, Arizona, 20th October 2015
- Water security workshop in Hermosillo, Mexico, 2nd September 2015